W&S Partner To Serve As Faculty For NBI’s Upcoming HR Law Seminar On 3/2/16
- January 4th, 2016
- No comments
Brian Selchick, a partner with W&S, is scheduled to speak on March 2, 2016, at the National Business Institute’s “Human Resource Law From Start To Finish” on the following topics:
Part I: Employee Handbooks and Policies in the 21st Century
- Guidelines for Whether Your Organization Should or Should Not Have a Handboo
- Ensuring Handbook Style Fits with Corporate Culture
- Revising the Old vs. Starting Anew
- Topics That Should be Included
- Boilerplate Language
Part II: Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Employment Context
Part III: Discipline and Discharge – Necessary Documentation
- Putting a Discipline Policy in Place Proactively
- What to do When There is no Policy Addressing an Offense
- Evaluating Employee Performance While Mitigating Liability
- What Goes in the Discipline/Discharge Letter?
- At What Point Should Discharge be Considered?
- Minimizing Liability When Discharging an Employee
- Common Mistakes to Avoid During Discharge
- Waivers and Releases – Their Use After Termination
Attendees will earn CLE credits for attending.
For more information, please visit NBI’s website. From there, you can view a copy of the agenda and register. We hope you can attend!